Wednesday 1 January 2014

Musing - New Year, New Journey

So today is the beginning of a new year; it's hope and life and laughter and fear. No one knows what this year will hold and sometimes that's scary. Sometimes it's hard to face the unknown future and the new year is a constant reminder of that future. Sometimes things happen beyond our control and those are either good or bad. Either way we can't stop them from happening. Fearing the uncontrollable events will only rob us of the joy of today. Yes, it's a new year, and the unknown future is right around the corner. We can't know what's coming, but we can learn to see the hope in it.

2014 will be a year of changes for me. There is a lot that I plan to do, to achieve and to accomplish this year. But it's an unknown future. I can plan all I like; those plans may or may not succeed. But I know what will succeed...my trying to follow through. I am resolved to keep going; I'm resolved to do what it takes to see my dreams come true. I know that I will succeed because even if it doesn't happen exactly the way I dream, I'm not giving up. And it is the trying, the journey from here to there that is important to me. Because while the destination may be beyond my control, I may never see my ultimate goal; the journey itself? that IS mine. Mine to control; mine to decide to walk or to stop. Mine to decide if I turn right or left when the path suddenly ends. The journey is MINE, and I will make the journey. That is how I will succeed, even if my dreams never become reality...because I WILL NOT GIVE UP.

So I invite you all to join me in your own individual journeys. Wherever you're going, whatever you're doing, unreachable dreams or one that's right next to you, make the journey. Get up, walk, make your choices and refuse to sleep the year away. Don't let fear stop you; embrace the hope of a future that YOU walk into. And if you start to fall, reach your hand up; I'll be here to help you along.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog with us, Scribbliz! Yes, you will succeed, because you will not stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. may it be a wonderful and fruit filled journey :)

    ReplyDelete