Monday 2 September 2013

Poem - Line In The Sand

I stood firmly
I knew what was okay
I drew my line in the sand
But the waves washed it away

I stepped back from the rage
Crashing down on me
So I knelt in the sand
And drew my line again

But your anger came again
And I retreated once more
I redrew that line in the sand
And said I'd hold my ground

Time and time again
I stepped back from the pain
The waves battered down on me
And I was forced further back

My line in the sand
Is still there before me
I know what's not okay
But it keeps finding me

I stand firm
And try to speak my mind
But I'm never heard
And your rage desroys my line

I need to dig deep below the sand
I need to find the strongest stone
That will help me hold my line
So it won't break beneath the rage

No comments:

Post a Comment